Saturday, November 22, 2008

How I Met Tami

In my life, I have three best friends that I have known most of my life. I call them the the three t's, Tami, Traci, and Trisha. They are the sisters I never had but always wanted and know way way too much about my personal genesis.

This is all about Tami. I met Tami on the first day of kindergarden (i spelt that the way it sounds, you'll notice i do that alot). Tami was five and i was four. We were in Mrs Zanders morning class. Tami and I enjoyed many a cracker and milk together.

I have known this girl SOLID for 45 years. The only people I've known longer is my parents and sisters. We've been together through deaths, births, marriages (although i missed her first one because i had issues of my own, but that's a whole other post). Anyiwascrazyatthetime, we've been through it all. Most of it i can't write about because my boys might read this someday, and i am such not the rolemodel in this case.

Sometimes I call her Tami, sometimes Tam Tam, and even Tamala. I cannot imagine how different my life, with every circumstance still the same, except Tami wasn't there, would be today. She is part of my second hand DNA, and who I am today. That's how her constant presence has impacted my life. I know how schmaltzy (yiddish for thick and cheesy) this sounds, but it is one of the most profound relationships I have.

I have many Tami stories to share with you in the future. I've already asked her permission to open the vaults. She has had very blond hair and what is the epitome of big blue eyes her entire life....so be nice if you see her.

No comments: