Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where Do You Look?

There are three different kinds of people. Those who tend to look straight ahead, those that tend to look down at the ground, and those who are always looking up.

Most people are straight ahead lookers and seem like emotionally healthy people. I don't know nothing about no straight lookers.

Ground starers are very introspective. I'm a ground looker, and I bump into shit, (people, poles, etc.) on a regular basis. Sometimes I find money. If you're telling me a story, I look down to listen. Some people look down out of bad self esteem, shyness, or depression. Not me.

In my case, it's just bad ADD combined with thinking as a hobby. If I'm not looking at the ground when you talk to me, I'd be busy interrupting you to point out the pretty colors. Right when you think I got the point, someone in the distance will steal my attention back to some story I'm making up. You know my type. If someone does that to you all the time, demand they look at the ground while you talk to them.

The rarest of people are the sky gazers. Sky gazers are always searching. Searching for more. They seem acutely aware of how small they are compared to the rest of the universe. Their ability to think "outside the box" is off the chain because no one really knows what could be.

It's the sky gazers that are the dreamers and the poets. DaVinci was a sky gazer. I will remind myself to look up more often. It's probably easier to breath anyway.

No comments: