Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Waters of Hamilton

Hamilton, Ohio, is about 40 minutes north from where I live. Being the urbanite that I am, I had always thought of it as "out in the country", which is anywhere beyond the Metro line. Well, I was partially right.

Hamilton is where RWC grew up, so I've only recently spent some time there. Let me tell you, there's a big city up over there. And it's way bigger than the one on "Little House on the Prairie".

Last weekend, RWC, and his mother D, took me on my first real tour of downtown Hamilton. Back before I-75 existed, it was called "Little Chicago", and it really did remind me of downtown Chicago. Beautiful architecture, monuments, the Miami river rolling by, all the components of a thriving city.

Only it wasn't thriving, more like hanging on. The story, D told me, was that back when I-75 was built, the state of Ohio offered an exit and entrance ramp to the city of Hamilton. Unfortunately, one of the city father's had a grudge of some sort and turned them down. The once thriving city lost most of it's commerce because of that decision, and never recovered.

The thing that impresses me most is the water. Hamilton has been nationally recognized for its tap water. RWC remembers a natural spring that was there when he was a kid that people would get their drinking water from.

I got to thinking about the people I know who grew up with RWC. There are absolutely no bald people. Even RWC's 75 year old father still has all of his hair. Every man or woman I've ever met from this place has a ton of thick, luxurious hair. RWC couldn't even think of anyone he knew that lost their hair. I'm absolutely convinced it's the water.

I can not tell you how impressed with this hair thing I am. Someone needs to do a study and figure out what's up with the magic water. It could revitalize the entire economy, right up under their own feet. If you're losing your hair, and are vain enough to care, and you know who you are, forget about the Rogain, just move to Hamilton, Ohio.

So there you have it.

No comments: