Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Dog and His Boy

This is Igor Cheek and he is a Zen master.

His favorite disciple, follower, and believer, is RWC.
For many, many years, Igor was RWC's closest confidante, staunchest supporter, and the biggest constant in a life that was often magical and strange and turbulent.

Last week, after sixteen or so years of taking care of RWC, Igor left us and moved on to his next appointment. Somewhere, in the universe, a lost boy is getting a new master, disguised as a pug.

It goes without saying that RWC will miss his Zen master Igor for the rest of his life. These are the things that make you never want to open your heart that wide again.

But in the end, we all have to know, the only true constant is change, and that is the lesson. Change doesn't mean bad, change doesn't mean good, it only means different.

RWC is going to be just fine. And so is that next lost boy that will be graced by the essence that is Igor.

Godspeed, Igor, you have so much work to do.

4 comments:

Randy Cheek said...

God Bless You! Can't say I would not have survived this loss with out your help but I am sure I wouldn't have learned anything from the Igster's passing on with out your help and insight. I love uou. Thank you. ------------RWC

Unknown said...

*tears*

Anonymous said...

it's been a year since I lost Bailey and I still miss her :(

Anonymous said...

This definately tugs at my heartstrings. My little guy Harley has been playing with spirits again, so... maybe Igor paid him a visit. He always plays in the dark after he thinks I'm asleep:) Our prayers are with you Randy and especially with Igor:)