Friday, October 18, 2013

Fine, I'll Do It Myself


Boehner crying, not a good look

Allowing our government to be led, yes led, by people in a state of total ego melt down (perhaps it's the merlot) is irresponsible on all of our parts.   Why?  Because, as my second grade teacher once said to me,  we are L-A-Z-Y.  

In all my liberal leaning, easy chair sitting, get the popcorn popping, never-ever commited to anything, thinking and living locally years, I've never worked on a political campaign of any kind.

(Unless you count the time Trisha Delisha ran for the Cincinnati Public School Board while still in high school.) I vote but I don't tote.

This year, I will volunteer to work on a political campaign. The winner of this auspicious moment of selflessness will be whoever runs against Kasich in the next gubernatorial race in Ohio.

No, I do not know when that is, which means it's not for a while. I avoid the bigger picture in an effort to maintain what ever amount of ignorance I still have left. Like my lova boy Randy Sweet always says, "bliss is wasted on the ignorant."

So there you have it and you didn't even ask.

No comments: