Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Almost Killed My Baby!

Once, I almost forgot to drop off my baby on my way to work. As I started to pull into the driveway of where I work, I suddenly remembered that J2 was with me. He had been so quiet that morning, and I was so busy thinking about everything I needed to accomplish that day, that I completely and utterly forgot he was there.

I could have left him to freeze to death in the car for eight hours! He could have died! Thank God I remembered he was there.

So I pulled a u-turn and thanked God out loud over and over again. That's when J2 looked at me from the passenger seat and said "Mom, I'm pretty sure I could have let myself out". In a lame effort to regain my authority, I replied "Well, thank God it happened now instead of ten years ago!". Then he reminded me that he needed lunch money.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this story- and it's just as good the second time around. Love ya!

R*

Anonymous said...

dingos ate my baby