Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Hate Feb-r-uary

Of all the twelve months, the one I scorn is February. It started with that silent "r", you know, the one after the "b" that makes no sound. You just can't trust a month that hides an extra letter.

Equally as bad, if not worse, is the day Wednesday, with that whole "dnes" mess in the middle. The only reason I don't hate Wednesday is because it isn't Monday or Tuesday.

Sure, February does have Valentine's Day, and I want to cut it some slack for that. Really I do. So here's a great gift idea. Valium for Valentine's Day. You could print little love messages on them like candy hearts.

Anyway, even if February is the shortest month, for me, it's still always the longest month. I mean this shit lasts forever. I think that's why they made it the shortest month to begin with. Well, it's not working.

8 comments:

Femlion said...

Oo Valium should be an everyday gift. They should give out lifetime prescriptions the day your born. It's the only way to survive life :)

Love ya,

Dani

Anonymous said...

Share the love. Maybe it will help winter FEEL like it's a shorter month.

Love ya

Tam Tam said...

you crack me up.... i'm lovin the valium idea.

Anonymous said...

instead of saying "be mine" they would say "be high", instead of saying "we're attached" they would say "we're detached"....i could go on and on......

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula...
Did anyone ever tell you that sometimes you sound like the great Andy Rooney:)

Anonymous said...

really? damn, i was shooting for virginia wolff...

Anonymous said...

I must say, your comments today are so prophetic. Yes, that's the word for the day... Prophetic, like Rod Mckuen...

Anonymous said...

I meant your comments on Facebook...